[Story] O.G.B.A.N.J.E (The Child of Thunder) Chapter 21

The Child of Thunder 21

Ifeoma Isabella Okeke

If you miss any episode click here

Ogbanje had woken up very early that morning before the cock crow and was going about her house chores when Ikemefuna made his appearance known to Ogbanje when she was about going to the stream to fetch water they would use for the day.

She was surprise when she saw Ikemefuna standing beside their bamboo gate as if he had been there for long.

“You again”, Ogbanje began harshly at Ikemefuna. “What is it, have I not warned to stay away from me eh?. So what are you looking for in my father’s compound with your two left legs”. Ogbanje added angrily at Ikemefuna who stood transfixed on the spot staring lovely at Ogbanje.

Ikemefuna wasn’t move by her insult or her tone of harsh way, in fact, he loved this side of her and fell deeply in love with her the more.

“So can’t I no longer see my Ada as I pleased. I have been standing here for a very long time watching you and I have come to realise that you are not only beautiful but hardworking. There and then I know deep within me that I have grown to love you so much that if I don’t have you no one else will”. Ikemefuna answered Ogbanje in a very cheerful way.

“I can see you woke up by the wrong side of your bed this morning to utter such rubbish omitting out from that stupid mouth of yours but I will pretend that I did not hear anything”. Ogbanje said rudely to him and made as if to pass him with her Udu (Earthen pot) when Ikemefuna quickly stretch out one of his hands and grab hold of Ogbanje hand. He roughly drew Ogbanje closer to him and forcefully kissed her against her wish.

Ogbanje who was not expecting that move from him was throw off balance when Ikemefuna kissed her.

A round of slap echoed around them and Ikemefuna suddenly released his hand to rub his left cheeks that seemed so hot. He wasn’t expecting that from her and so was surprise when she slapped him with a full force.

Ogbanje started throwing out some spit from her mouth as she placed her pot beside her waist and uses one of her hand to clean her lips where Ikemefuna has kissed.

“This should be the first and last time you would do such a thing like that again. Next time it would be your balls I will kick to prevent you from having children, Anuofia”. Ogbanje told Ikemefuna in a very angry tone.

But to her surprise Ikemefuna laughed out to her ranting.

“You keep surprising me Ada and I keep on loving you the more, can’t you see we are made for each other. I love you so much Ada, at least find it in your heart to love me the way I do to you. I can do anything for you Ada, anything, all I ask is for your love”.

“And like I have told you earlier on that you woke up from the wrong side of your bed this morning. As you can see I have other things to do this morning and I am doing one right now”. Ogbanje said not moved by his words and turned to leave for the stream when Ikemefuna once again grabbed hold of her from behind, immobile her two hands and pressed her hard against his chest. Her Udu fell off from her and miraculously not break.

Ogbanje started struggling against his hold and uses one of her legs to hit Ikemefuna’s manhood. The hit was so hard but still Ikemefuna wouldn’t let go. He placed his head on the shoulder blade of Ogbanje and kissed it breathing in her scent. With his face he nuzzle at her cheeks in a tender way. Ogbanje ceased in her struggling once she found out none of what she was doing was affecting Ikemefuna.

“I won’t do anything against your wish Ada but be rest assured that I might change my mind. Don’t think I don’t know about your stupid lover Ebuka and don’t also think I don’t know who he really is”. Ikemefuna suddenly told Ogbanje against her ears.

“What are you insinuating?” Ogbanje asked trying not to be surprised at his sudden outburst.

“Don’t pretend as if you don’t know what I am getting at. I know you know who I am. Your lover must have told you my real nature. But whatever he told about me are all lies Alaolisa, right from the day one I had set my eyes on you you’ve have become mine”. Ikemefuna told Ogbanje in a lovely way caressing her neck with his mouth

With a strength that Ogbanje didn’t know she has she grab hold one of the hands of Ikemefuna and flung him off her with inhuman strength. She quickly pick up her pot.

Ikemefuna managed to landed on his feet a few feet away from Ogbanje. He wore a look of surprise on his face at what Ogbanje just did to him, it was an unexpected move. She took him by surprise.

Ogbanje smirked at him at his bewildered face he was making.

“This should be as a warning to you Ikemefuna or whatever your name is because next time you tried such a thing to me, I will make sure you regret ever knowing me rubbish”. Ogbanje hissed and hurriedly left him going towards the road that leads to their village stream.

Ikemefuna smiled to himself. She is as strong as she was in her former life. Alaolisa will become his.

“Your stubbornness makes me love you the more. I like challenges, even Amadioha himself knows that”. Ikemefuna said and disappeared.

****

Uhammiri paced around in her dark cave as she cleverly draft out a plan. Adaku couldn’t defeat her step sister because of a stupid power she possesses. She would make sure she makes Ogbanje suffered so much that Ogbanje would be begging for death.

“What kind of powers does she think she has that would make my mother not to defeat her” . Uhammiri said to herself. Ogbanje had mysteriously survived after the deaths of her siblings. But this time her death would be so easy.

She would soon know what powers Ogbanje possesses but first she has to come down to live with them. That would be the plan one.

Ogbanje had better be ready for her.

****

“My dear husband, please I have a request to make and it would so gladly my heart If you support me in it”. Adaku began softly that night has they had earlier on finished their supper and everyone had gone to bed. Okoro had came to Adaku’s hut to quench his growing groin like he normally did and were laying on her bamboo bed when Adaku brought out the topic.

“And what can that be Adaku, if it is within my powers and a good cause, then I will grant your request”. Okoro told his wife.

“Well it is nothing much my dear husband. You know when you got married to Ogbanje’s mother….”

Interrupting Adaku.

“Have I not warned you to stop calling my Ada, the Ada of this family that name? Adaku this should be the first and last you will refer Ada as Ogbanje”. Okoro warned Adaku angrily.

“I am so sorry my dear husband it fell out of my mouth by mistake”. Adaku said pretending to be crying.

Okoro anger faded once he saw the tears on Adaku’s eyes.

“Is okay. You of all people should know I don’t like it when Ada is being called that name. E be zina- Don’t cry”. Okoro said lovely to his wife. “You where about telling me something my heart”. Okoro added the words made Adaku so happy within her.

“As I was saying before, when you got married to your first and now dead wife I left you angrily”.

“Yes, how would I not remember, you left that same day. I searched for you everywhere but couldn’t find you”. Okoro said softly loosing Adaku’s wrapper.

“Well, I went to stay with my great grandmother mother”.

“Okay, I see no crime in that but what has that got to do with what you’d want to tell me”. Okoro asked Adaku.

“While staying with her I made a friend amongst my great grandmother people. She was a widow. I just heard recently that my friend is dead and her only daughter and child is homeless. After the death of my friend her husband brothers took everything away from the child my friend left behind. Why I am telling you is to plead with you and request that her daughter stays here for the time being. Please dim mu- my husband let her come because I had given her my words that you will agree to it”. Adaku said in a pleading tone to Okoro.

Okoro hands stopped his movement on Adaku’s shoulder as he placed his hands on his legs. He was in a deep thought.

Adaku’s fingers started caressing Okoro’s hard chest.

“But how can you make such a decision without my consent. How can you promise a girl, some one I had yet to meet, that I would permit her to stay With us”. Okoro said in not so happy voice

“I know that my husband and that is why I am begging you to accommodate her. You see her late mother was very good to me. She treated me like I was her own sister. She healed my broken heart and encouraged me to wait for you that one day we shall be together. I can not let my best friend daughter roamed about in that village. Please my dear husband think about it”.

Okoro heaved out a sigh. “I have heard you, you may bring the girl any day that pleases you but know If at all she hurts any of my children you and her would have yourself to blame. I hope you don’t regret bringing in this stranger”. Okoro said finally as Adaku leapt for joy.

“I won’t regret one bit”. Adaku said in all smiles.

******

“Nne edewooo- Mama I greet you”. Ebuka greated Adaku when he saw her with a beautiful young lady. His Alaolisa age mate perhaps. He was on his way home from the farm that hot afternoon when he saw Adaku and the strange beautiful lady beside her. His younger brother, Emenike, was carrying a basket full of yams. He also greeted Adaku and the lady.

“My son how are you”. Adaku answered his greeting with a forceful smile.

“I am fine mama, I hope there is no problem?” Ebuka asked his eyes couldn’t leave the strange beautiful lady. Something seemed odd about her, he couldn’t place his finger on it.

The strange lady eyes were on him also.

“Everything is fine Ebuka, how is your mother”.

“She is fine. Nne I better be on my way now. Kelee ezinụlọ gị niile maka m- Greet all your family for me o”. So saying Ebuka left them.

“Who is he?” Uhammiri asked once Ebuka and his brother were out of spot.

“Well that is the Ebuka I told you about. The one you have to kill to get through Ogbanje”. Adaku explained.

“He is the Ebuka”, Uhammiri mused “Hmm, I won’t kill him then”. Uhammiri said afterwards.

Adaku was astonish at what she said and looked at Uhammiri in bewildered.

“And why is that if I may ask, don’t tell me you can’t kill a mere human being Ogbanje is always protecting”. Adaku said.

“It is not that Adaku”.

“Then what is it”. Adaku protested.

“I am attracted to him Adaku. I want to make that young handsome man my husband”. Uhammiri replied in all seriousness.

Story by Ifeoma Isabella Okeke

Waiting for the next

5. Anonymous

February 5, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Dope

6. blezzy

February 24, 2019 at 6:58 pm

itz so interesting pls when is the next story coming up?

7. Bunmi

February 26, 2019 at 10:36 am

Wow! Lovely,the story has just begin.

8. WOW, VERY INTERESTING STORY.

March 3, 2019 at 8:42 am

9. Jemiamah

March 31, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Wow amazing next pls

10. Jemiamah

April 2, 2019 at 8:36 am

Amazing

11. Anonymous

April 2, 2019 at 8:33 pm

very interesting

WHEN I FALL EPISODE 36

WHEN I FALL EPISODE 36

BY RUTHIE LEE

IF YOU MISS ANY EPISODE CLICK HERE

I walked out of the room and straight to the front door.
I got to the door and opened it to see a lady standing in front of my door. She was very beautiful, her brown hair stopped right at her waist, her eyes brown and her skin smooth as ever.
“G..good day..” she stuttered.

“Who is that?” I heard Kathleen said behind and I turned to see her coming close to me with Mary.
She turned to see who was at the door and her jaw suddenly dropped.

“Kathleen.” the lady at the door smiled.

“Y…Ymir?” Kathleen called.

Wait…! Ymir.
Ymir?
I paused and turned to the ‘ymir!’ my eyes observed her face to her body features, the description about ymir in that guy’s story I read online was exactly the same as the ymir standing in front of me. Could it be the same Ymir!.

“You’re… Alive!” Kathleen exclaimed.
Ymir smiled and turned to me. “Can I come in?” she asked.

“S..sure?” I stuttered.
Two sirens at my house… Just great.
Ymir walked in and closed the door behind her. Her glorious hair following her every move.
She looked at Kathleen and her eyes lingered around Kathleen’s body for a while, before she said.
“You’ve changed!”
She stood in front of kathleen, Kathleen was a bit taller than her, but their beauty won’t stop competing.
Kathleen smiled shyly adjusting Mary on her body. “How do you mean?”
“Everything about you!” Ymir replied.
“I… I didn’t notice any change!” Kathleen smiled.
Ymir, looked around the house and her eyes suddenly stopped at Mary.
She glanced at me, then Mary and then Kathleen.
“Is she your?…No that’s not possible… Ymir was confused pointing at Mary.
“No she’s not!” I replied and ymir glanced at me.
“Is she my what?” Kathleen asked not really understanding where ymir was trying to go.

“It’s nothing!” Ymir smiled.
She turned to me and gave a small bow. “I’m Ymir, Kathleen’s cousin!” she smiled.
“Okay… Nice to meet you Ymir, I’m Joseph, and this is my daughter Mary” I gave a small smile.
“Yes of course, I saw the resemblance” ymir smiled.

And goodness, are all sirens so beautiful. Kathleen and ymir wanted to have a slight resemblance, but they had different face features.
“Honestly, it’s so glad to see you again.” Kathleen chimed in.

Yeah I got that it was a family reunion, so I took Mary from Kathleen and walked away to the living, though I could still hear their voice very clearly.
I dropped Mary down on the living room floor but she crawled back to Kathleen.
Just great!

I watched from the living couch, as Kathleen picked her up from the floor and kissed her cheek with love.

“Kathleen you need to get away from here, it’s dangerous!” Ymir said to Kathleen.
“Why, is it because, they’re still looking for us?” Kathleen asked.
“No, they all think we’re dead, they believe we don’t survive in this world, but I’m talking about this place, the man who was standing here minutes ago, he might be dangerous, he doesn’t even know your true self.” Ymir stated.

I wanted to yell. ‘Hello ymir… I’m over here and I can hear your voices, you should totally talk this behind my back.

“Funny that he does,” Kathleen scoffed.
“He knows about your true identity?” Ymir’s tone, you could easy tell she was shocked.
“Yes” Kathleen nodded.
“And he didn’t freak out or do anything about it?” I asked.
“He did, at the first moment, but he’s fine with me

“You can’t trust humans, they might stab you in the back one day Kathleen!” ymir warned.
“No, sir, Joseph isn’t like that!”

“And how are you so sure? I’ve studied humans so well, if they can stab their own flesh and blood in the back. Who are we?” Ymir’s tone was stern.
“I know sir, Joseph and he’s not like others!” Kathleen and her defenses for me.
How is she so sure and optimistic about me. Her level of trust is so high that it can surpass the moon.
“You can never trust them Kathleen, what if he just want your body? That’s what they do, they see a pretty lady and fall over heels for them, and what they actually want with them at the end is to wreck their body!” ymir started to yell.

Hello. I can hear them.

“like I said, sir, Joseph isn’t like that!” Kathleen yelled back.
“Stop trying to defend him, men, women, humans are all the same, they’re not good for us, come with me I know a place where we can both stay, we can’t go back in the water, but we can live here, come with me instead, look we only have each other there is nothing else but ourselves!”. Ymir’s voice echoed through the whole house.
Kathleen’s voice was low but I managed to hear her. “You’re wrong, in the family, we only have each other, sure the others died leaving the two of us, I’m thankful that you’re alive, but I have you, I have Mary, and I have sir, Joseph! It will be really selfish of me if I agree that we only have each other. Yes we can’t go back to the water and we are left with no option but to live with the humans we call cruel, how can we live with them, if we don’t LIVE With them, where will you be taking me? To a place where we can be free, is that it? Sorry ymir, this place is my home, it’s my freedom and I’m not going anywhere because I made a promise never to leave the people I love the most in the world.”
Kathleen’s word made me smile and my heart became warm and I became filled.
“The people you love the most, and how are you so sure he loves you, just like he loves you, yeah I bet he has tell you I love you a couple of times but those are just words.” Ymir yelled.
“They might be words to you, but they’re not to me, and no, sir Joseph hasn’t said a word like that to me, I don’t care if he says it, he treats me nice and gives me what I want.” Kathleen’s voice was becoming stern.
“Don’t be fooled Kathleen!” Ymir grunted angrily.
“I am not, I am taking a decision, and the decision belongs to me and I have the right to regret if I want to, if I am really being fooled then I won’t have any regrets because I know it was from my stupid decision” Kathleen yelled and I suddenly heard Mary’s voice crying and screaming.
They frightened my little angel.

The girls stopped talking immediately I walked in on them and Mary quickly stretched her hand towards her father. I smiled and took her from Kathleen.
As I walked away from them, Mary kept quiet and I breathed out a sigh of relief.

“How did you find me anyways?” I heard Kathleen’s voice said.
“How else would I find you, I just did.” Ymir replied.

I placed Mary on the couch but she held on to me looking at Kathleen’s direction. Though she can’t actually see Kathleen but can hear her voice.
“Don’t tell me you want to go back to her.” I said and Mary’s direction turned to me like she understood what I said.
She smiled and I laughed. “classic.”
“When you turn two or three and starts to talk properly, you’re going to tell me why you like Kathleen more than me” I smiled and gently pulled her nose.
She giggled happily making me smile. Babies give the best joy.

Kathleen Walked into the living room angrily and sat down opposite me.
Ymir followed and stood beside her.
Am I about to watch a sister’s fight? Or why are they both so angry?

Seeing Kathleen, Mary forgot the sudden incident and starts to stretch her hand towards Kathleen.
I pushed her hands down and she turned to me.
“Don’t!” I said and she starts to cry. Kathleen looked at me and then at Mary, she wanted to stand up to get Mary but I shook my head at her.
“Kathleen are you even listening to me?” Ymir suddenly asked over Mary’s crying voice.
“I’m not! Cause you’re going to use that as an excuse for me to leave cause unfortunately to you, this place isn’t the best place so, and it’s just a normal thing I guess, why did you have to gasp like it’s a big thing.–
“Can you even let me speak!” ymir almost yelled and glanced at me giving me an apologetic look.

I stood up with Mary, “I’ll leave you guys to talk!”

I was already halfway to my room when Ymir said.

“You think it’s a normal thing, but it’s not, you’re pregnant Kathleen!”

I paused and turned.

Pregnant?

I turned and didn’t know when my legs took me back to the living room.

Kathleen was in a confused expression, as I walked in,
Ymir glanced at me and then at Kathleen.

“And how do you know? Or how sure are you?” Kathleen asked Ymir.
“According to what you told me, those pains aren’t normal.” Ymir shook her head.
Kathleen stood up. “How can you detect pregnancy through pain, how sure are you about it, and how do you even know about it?” Kathleen rolled her eyes.
“How did you think my mom died!” Ymir yelled. “People thought, she was killed underwater because of some sort of crime, but no, my mom died because she was pregnant… For a human”

Kathleen paused for a while and a smile crept up her face.

“Why are you even smiling and how many times have you experienced this pain?” Ymir asked.
“Two times.” Kathleen replied.
“Two times?” Ymir scoffed. “It’s happening faster than expected.”

“So you’re sure I’m carrying sir Joseph’s baby!” Kathleen smiled
Ymir glanced at me and gave a sigh

My….
Baby??

“Stop smiling it’s not a good thing!” Ymir reprimanded.
“It’s the best thing!” Kathleen stated
“You’re helpless, hopeless and naive Kathleen.” Ymir said angrily.

I didn’t speak, I couldn’t even speak.
Kathleen’s pregnant for me???
But it hasn’t been a week since we…
I couldn’t tell how I was feeling at that moment.
Kathleen seemed happy about it, but… I didn’t know how I feel.
I paused staring at the two ladies

“If you intend to carry that baby, you won’t survive, we cannot give birth like this, we do not give birth like this, never! You’re taking a risk Kathleen, a risk to a dead end, neither you or your baby will survive!” Ymir explained.

“Stop trying to scare me” Kathleen said angrily through gritted teeth.
“I am not trying to.” Ymir yelled.
“Then leave me alone, I’m pregnant for sir, Joseph or not, its none of your business. What if I’m taking a risk, it’s my body.”
“You’re the only family, I have left Kathleen and I’m not going to let you kill yourself over something stupid like this, you’re going to end this baby!” Ymir said angrily.
T. B. C
BY RUTHIE LEE 🌸 🌸

WHEN I FALL EPISODE 35

WHEN I FALL EPISODE 35

BY RUTHIE LEE

IF YOU MISS ANY EPISODE CLICK HERE

“Okay then what are we?” Kathleen asked.
“We’re in a relationship!” I tell her. Her eyes almost lit up in excitement but she managed to keep her cool.
“What kind of relationship?” she asked.
“We’re in a dating relationship!” I said and gave a small nod.
I just started a relationship between us.

“We are?” Kathleen smiled.
“We are.” I repeated.

Kathleen couldn’t contain her smile
I stood up and asked if she has eaten lunch yet but she said no. I ordered pizza and well I wanted to order two but decided to order one cause it was the biggest size, but as soon as Kathleen and I started eating, the box became empty. Kathleen.!
“How does a girl eat so much, I had only one slice.” I wasn’t shocked but I had to complain.
“I don’t know either, my appetite just keeps getting bigger and bigger.” she laughed.
“I won’t be surprised if you wake up one day and suddenly look like my couch!” I said standing up and closing the box.
“Looking like the couch?”
“Getting fat!” I helped.
She laughed. “I can’t get fat.”
“And what makes you say that, with the way you eat, it’s not impossible.” I smirked.
“It’s impossible, no matter how much we eat, we don’t get fat, there are a lot of things people think we do or we are but we’re actually the opposite!” Kathleen said.
“Things like?” I asked, shoving in the last bite of my pizza slice in my mouth.
“I searched about us on the internet and people thinks we’re deadly, but look at me, I don’t know how to be deadly, I have abilities like other sirens, but yet I hardly use them or know how to control them, and then i saw another question, someone asked if we’re pretty or ugly and the answer was that we’re faceless, they said sirens don’t have faces, we can’t talk and we wail instead through our ears. But look at me sir, Joseph I have face! I’m talking now and and I can’t make a sound with my ears” Kathleen complaining made me laugh.
“People just makes up silly stories for viewers, when they haven’t even meet sirens for real.” I tell her.
“Anyways, I don’t care what others think about sirens like us, I only care about what you think.” Kathleen smiled.
I glanced her a look and smiled. I grabbed the pizza box and went out to dispose it.
After washing my hand, I went back to the living room to see Mary was now awake and was now leaning on Kathleen’s shoulder looking like she’s just waking up from a slumber from a hundred years.
I paused to look at Mary. Now she’s the one getting fat. And Suzanne thought we weren’t doing great without her here.
“Sir, Joseph, Mary and I will be in the resting room” Kathleen smiled.
I turned to her. “Kath, considering our relationship now, why don’t you just call me jospeh, the sir sounds a little too formal, considering how casual we are to each other. And sometimes you call me jospeh”
She smiled shyly. “Well I’ll try!”
“It’s not something hard! Don’t try just do it!” I stated and she nodded.
Kathleen took Mary upstairs while I ended up in my room.

It was nighttime and has been an hour since we had dinner. Mary as a baby has fallen asleep again and was sleeping peacefully in her crib.
Kathleen and I stood in front of the window facing the lake, this room doesn’t fail to give you the best view during night time.
“So now looking at the lake. You don’t miss the water?” I asked Kathleen. She scoot closer to me and placed my hand around her shoulders.
“I don’t.” she said with a plain face.
“Why, you don’t have good memories in the water?” I asked.
“I had great memories, it’s just that now, it’s not something you’ll want to miss.” she said without smiling.

“And would you tell me why? Or if you don’t want to, it’s okay!” I said.
“No, well, you see, the family i have down there, they’re all dead, so what’s there to miss” she gave a forced smile.
“Sorry to hear that.” I said, I wanted to ask how they died or why they died but I just didn’t want her to feel like I’m questioning her too much, even though she has always been the inquisitive one.
“See I used to have a mother and two older sisters, my oldest sister suddenly found a way for us to have legs and walk on land and told my mother about it, my mother told her never to speak of it again cause it was abominable, and if neptune should hear of it, we were going to be killed.” Kathleen explained.
“Neptune?” I replied. Isn’t that a planet.
“Yeah, neptune, he’s like the god of the sea, though no one has seen him face to face before. But they all believe he’s the ruler of the sea and he’s like the greatest.” Kathleen said and rolled her eyes.

I smiled. “You don’t believe in him? Because you haven’t seen him before?” I asked.
It’s like how neptune rules the Sea, God rules the earth.
“I do believe in him, but he makes up stupid rules that I’m hundred percent sure the people makes up themselves and yell that it’s in the name of neptune.” Kathleen’s angry face almost made me laugh.
“Though my mother stopped my sister from using such abilities by having legs and going on land, my sister disobeyed and showed us the same ability, my other sister and I sneaked out with my oldest sister one day and the three of us came on land, seeing so many things we all got so curious and wanted to know more about this place, we made it back to the water in no time and nobody noticed. But then came a day my oldest sister did the same thing again and was caught, her act was pinned as treason and it will be that she and her family will be sentenced to death. I cried my eyes out cause we were all going to be dead, neptune and his stupid rules. When one person from a family commits a crime the person and that whole family serves the punishment. My mother found a way for me and my other sister to escape but my sister was caught but I managed to escape and that’s when I came on land. And every where I go, I feel like they will still come for me. And the day my sisters and mother died, I wasn’t there but I felt it, we sirens we are all connected and when some thing happens to someone close to you, you feel something leaving your body, it’s like a rope being cut off from the inside. My mother’s sister daughter used to stay with us too and she managed to escape too. I don’t know how she is or where she is now but i know she’s safe, I can feel it.” Kathleen sighed.
“You’ve really been through a lot haven’t you?” I sighed.
“I remembered how my mother and the other mothers used to talk about how here on land is dangerous and how the people despises us and how we need to kill them immediately we encounter them, but now I think it’s supposed to be the other way round.” Kathleen explained and pulled her closer to my body. Kathleen was like an innocent living in the realm of nocent.
“And now, a human is rescuing me from my own kind. Neptune is stupid.” Kathleen pouted.
“You sure hate Neptune” I laughed.
“I do and…. Ouch!” Kathleen suddenly whinced holding her left waist.
“Are you okay” I asked immediately.
Kathleen nodded and breathed out slowly.
“I felt another pain on my waist again.” she tells me.
She’s not going to pass out now, is she?
“But it’s fine now.” she said.
“Are you sure?” I asked. To be sure too.
“Yes, it’s like a tingling feeling but it also come with a slight pain.” she laughed.
And I didn’t understand how the situation became funny.
“Seriously you don’t have to laugh at everything, you haven’t experienced something like this before right?” I asked.
She nodded. “yesterday was my first, and now.”
“But it’s going to be fine.” she smiled. “I know my body so well.”
I believed her at that moment for knowing her body so well.
We both chatted that night till we got sleepy and head back to my room, Kathleen reminded me she hated the idea of sleeping alone and well we both ended up in mine and I didn’t have a problem with that.

The next morning, surprisingly I woke up in time, in time and found Kathleen still asleep beside me. I turned to my side and almost jumped up when I thought I saw a doll looking at me. But to my surprise it was Mary. I laughed as I watched her watch me from her crib. Her bright eyes lingering around the room.
I grabbed her from her crib and she gave a happy giggle.
“Looks like I’m the one who’s going to give you a bath today, Kathleen’s still asleep.” I smiled and took Mary out of the room.
Which used to be my daily routine before Kathleen took it from me, I gave Mary her bath, prepared breakfast for her and cladded her body with one of her baby dress.
I decided to take my bath too and went inside the room to drop Mary beside Kathleen, Kathleen was still asleep, so I just dropped Mary beside her, and immediately Mary starts to gag some baby words and her tiny hands slapped Kathleen on the face. Kathleen didn’t seem to flinch as she was deep in her sleep.

I took a bath, wore some comfy clothes and decided to prepare breakfast. I was surprised Kathleen hadn’t wake up yet but it wasn’t a shocker.
I prepared breakfast and ate alone, anytime Kathleen wakes up she’ll have breakfast.
12:09pm Kathleen was still asleep. This was unlike her, I was getting worried so I decided to check on her. She was sound asleep her breathings could be heard fine. Mary was still beside her talking to herself. I walked out of the room and did nothing.
I was alone in the living room with my phone, and honestly I was bored without Kathleen and I realised how much I loved to hear her ask questions.
It was two p.m in the afternoon and Kathleen was still asleep, what the hell.
I was about going to check on her, and as I walked into the room, I saw her opening her eyes and sitting up.
“Kath.” I almost laughed.
“Good morning” she smiled.
“It’s two p.m in the afternoon” I stated.
“What?” her eyes widen. “Is that how late I slept?”
“I was worried sick” I breathed out a smile.
We both heard a knock on the door and I glanced at the Mary and then Kathleen.
“I’ll get the door” I said and Kathleen nodded.

I walked out of the room and straight to the front door.
“G..good day..” she stuttered.

She turned to see who was at the door and her jaw suddenly dropped.

“Kathleen.” the lady at the door smiled.
“Y…Ymir?” Kathleen called.
T. B. C
BY RUTHIE LEE 🌸 🌸

WHEN I FALL EPISODE 34

WHEN I FALL EPISODE 34

BY RUTHIE LEE

IF YOU MISS ANY EPISODE CLICK HERE

And in my front, in front of the fridge Kathleen drank five bottles of water. And it was the big bottle sized.
Kathleen breathed out tiredly as she picked the bottles from the floor.
“Now I feel alive again.” she gave me a smile.
I stood still, my eyes fixated on her. What the hell, just happened?

Kathleen smiled at me and as she disposed the bottles into the kitchen’s waste bin, she walked out of the kitchen and still yet I followed her.
My head started to calculate on why she passed out, but if she doesn’t know, how do I know?.

I walked into the living room and met her sitting down on the couch beside Mary. I didn’t bother asking about why she passed out.

Or is she dehydrated? Because fishes get dehydrated few minutes after they’re out from the water. But still she has been doing fine and…
I quit thinking on my own and asked her.
“Why did you drink so much quantity of water?” I asked sitting down opposite her.
“Because I felt super thirsty!” she replied.
“No, one, not even in a hundred years can feel so thirsty to empty five bottles in one go!” I tell and she shrugged.
“Are you getting dehydrated or something?” I asked.
“De– hydr–ated?” she repeated
“Like parched, it’s like when you’re dry on the inside, You know how fishes die when they are brought out of the water, because their body suddenly becomes dry and they crave for the water because they can’t swim or breathe without that water. do you miss the water or anything?” I asked to be sure.
Kathleen laughed.
“Why on neptune would I miss the water? I love it here and I just drank so much water because I was thirsty that’s all” Kathleen smiled.
“That’s all?” I raised my brows at her.
“Look I’m not trying to be a detective or any thing, but I feel really uncomfortable with what just happened, so you’re telling me that when you sirens are out of the water for a long time, you don’t get dehydrated?” I asked and she shook her head Negatively.
“We don’t! Honestly, and now thinking about it, it’s strange, with what happened to me too! I’ve never drank so much water like that.” she laughed.
“This isn’t funny kath, it’s something we should worry about” I let her know.
She breathed out a sigh. “I don’t know what happened sir, Joseph but I am fine now.”
“And how are you so sure something like that won’t happen again?” I narrowed my eyes at her.
“Because I’m so sure.” she repeated.
I swallowed my smile by her outrageous reply.

“So… How was it, did the baby belong to you?” Kathleen asked. Her gaze was stern and curious.
“Huh?”
“No, the baby actually belongs to Henry! And Suzanne tried to pin the baby on me so she’ll get back together with me.” I explained and Kathleen gasped.
“She is such a bad person.”
“I know right!” I smirked.

We became quiet again, well for a brief moment because Kathleen immediately started another conversation.
“Joseph!” she called and I looked up. What happened to the sir.
Well it doesn’t matter.
“Just like you taught me how to surf the internet before you left to meet Suzanne, I was surfing the internet and believe when I say the internet knows everything, I was surfing the internet when I came across the question love, they asked what was love and told me to click the page to understand the meaning of love.” Kathleen explained happily.
“Okay? And let me guess you clicked the page right?” i scoffed and she nodded with a smile.
“I clicked the page and they explained what love is, I came across so many questions and the answers and I was thrilled, so many questions on my mind were answered, it was like magic.” Kathleen explained and you should see the way her eyes lit up in excitement as she talked. She was like a child, a child who was sailing off on a deserted rainbow and seeing things she hadn’t seen before. This story is written by Ruthie lee.
Kathleen quieted down and gave a small sigh. “And then I came across something that said, when you and the opposite gender, share cuddles and kisses what does it mean?” she raised her head up at me. Is she waiting for me to answer her question? When I said nothing she sighed again.
“I left that question when I found another one similar to it but had a slight different, and it said when you and the opposite gender, shares more than hugs and kisses, when you’re not even married neither are you guys In a dating relationship what does it mean? The question made me pause because the question sounded like something that should be answered by you, sir, Joseph! What does it mean?”
She never stops.
Maybe it wasn’t good idea dropping my phone with her. I like her being clueless.

Finally I said something
“What does it mean? Didn’t you read the answer to that?” I asked.
“I did, but I want to hear from you first.” she lowly said and her head turned to her fingers on her thighs.
Well according to her question I clearly don’t know what to reply as an answer.
when you and the opposite gender, shares more than hugs and kisses, when you’re not even married neither are you guys In a dating relationship what does it mean? That question kind of feels like…. Us.
Kath and I aren’t dating, neither are we married, we’ve hugged more than once and kissed more than once too, we’ve had sexual intercourse once. And yet we are not in any relationship.
‘is it necessary to be in any relationship?’ my subconscious asked and I sighed and looked at Kathleen.
“I don’t know.” I stated. “To be very honest, I don’t know”.
Kathleen looked up at me. “You’re very smart sir, Joseph how can you not know something like this.”
“Because I am not a love expert” I replied. “You said you saw the answer but you wanted to hear from me first, now tell me what did the answer say?”
Kathleen tilt her head. “It said what I didn’t understand. It said, friends with benefits, what does that mean?” Kathleen looked confused to show she really doesn’t know what friends with benefits meant.

It was kind of embarrassing explaining and having this kind of conversation with Kathleen.
“It’s somewhere between a dating relationship and a friendship.” I started. “Friends with benefits means when two friends who knows each other so well engage in intimate or sexual activity without really dating each other.”

Kathleen wore a sad smile. “That’s what we are right? We don’t have anything going on we are just being intimate with each other, I thought it was a good thing, but now with you explaining to me, I don’t want to be friends with benefits with you.” she looked at me.
I shook my head. “That’s not what we are.” I said, assuring
“Then. What are we?” she asked.
“Think about it, we’re not even friends to begin with.” I said.
“Isn’t that even worse?” she sniffed.
Don’t tell me she’s about to cry. “If we’re not even friends, then how do we become friends with benefits!”.
“Huh?” I was confused by what she was talking about.
“Look Kathleen” I called and she turned to me. “We do not stand as friends neither are we friends with benefits”.
“Okay then what are we?” she asked.
“What kind of relationship?” she asked.
“We’re in a dating relationship!” I said and gave a small nod.
I just started a relationship between us.

“We are?” Kathleen smiled.
“We are.” I repeated.