[Story] BEAUTY CALLS (Selene) part 28

BEAUTY CALLS 28

BY RUTHIE LEE

IF YOU MISS ANY EPISODE CLICK HERE

I pulled down the shirt I was wearing to cover my stomach, the shirt which was Endy’s shirt was big enough so it didn’t reveal too much of my pregnancy.. It was like I was four months pregnant.
“how can I explain this” I muttered to myself and sighed.. I started feeling nauseous and immediately puked, grossly inside the toilet.
I washed my face and double sighed softly, this is.. I don’t even know what to say, I’m not normal so it’s not actually that freaking weird.. I went downstairs and preserved the most sweetest smell of brownies.. Who is making that?
I hurried down the stairs and ran into the kitchen where the smell was coming from and I bumped into my mom..
“whoa Selene, what’s the rush?” she asked and her hand stopping me from moving any further, cause she placed them on my shoulders. “sorry it’s been ages since I had brownies and it seems like you’re making them” I said happily and she rolled her eyes.
“so you’re not going to ask me why I’m home early instead of eleven pm” she said sarcastically
“oh sorry. Why are you home early?” I just asked that for her to be pleased so I can get some brownie..
“I got fired!” she said and I gasped.
“why?” I asked
And hesitantly she said “I don’t feel like talking about it”
“okay whatever” I said
“I knew you didn’t care if I was fired, you just want those brownies.. Go ahead and take as much as you want” she said and I squeaked happily and rushed into the kitchen grabbing the tray of the brownies.. And walking towards the couch in the living room.
I sat down opposite my mom and stuffed my face in these heavenly brownies.. My mom just watch me eat and she just smiled
“I didn’t know you have such a big appetite” she said
Me too not until I found out I was pregnant
“yeah neither did i” I said and she shook her head negatively..
“want some” I asked and stretched one brownie to her..
“no Thanks, I made them for you sooner or later I knew you’d wake up so just enjoy them yourself” she said and I smiled
“thanks mom” I said..

My mom Watched me finish the whole tray And I stood up to put the tray in the kitchen when she stopped me and my heart skipped a beat when I saw her looking down at my stomach, I was sweating a little and the shirt was glued to my body revealing too much. “is your stomach always that huge or..
She paused and gasped loudly covering her mouth.
I nod. “it’s exactly what you’re thinking mom” I breathed out and she moved closer to me and hugged me.. Surprised that she’s not mad or showing any sign of vexation.. I pulled from the hug and slowly asked.
“you’re not m-mad?”
“silly girl, why would i be mad, this is amazing dear, I would have a grand child and you’ll have a life, I thought you wouldn’t get married Years ago due to your horrid past, but I was wrong..
She starts to cry
“you’re now pregnant, which is a blessing to me and to you and the father, I’m just so happy” she cried even more and I hugged her.
Later she stopped crying and we are both sitting down now opposite each other..
“so when?” she asked referring to the pregnancy.
“about two or three weeks ago, I don’t remember” I said truthfully
“t-two weeks or T-three weeks ago? Are you giving birth to six ” she surprisingly and I smiled.
“no mom it’s just one” I replied
“one? Have you gone for a sonogram already?” she asked but I shook my head negatively..
“then how do you know it’s just one and how is it just big in just three weeks I’m confused honey” she said and I sighed.
“mom you don’t have to be confused.. You know who and what I am” I said and she tilts her head in confusion..
“what do you mean by that?” she asked.
“I am not normal and you know that” I said and she shook her head negatively..
“don’t say that honey we both know that you’re hundred percent normal..” my mom says slowly and this conversation looked familiar from a year ago or so when I got fired from three jobs and cried all day telling my mom I’m not normal and that I hate my life. But she just tried to convince me that I was normal like every other child.. But I know I’m not and never will be..
“hundred percent is a strong word mom, I am no where near normal and you know that” I said and she sighed and stood up.
“we are not going to have this kind of conversation again” she Half yelled.
“hell yeah we do” I said and said stood up too..
“are you going to cover your eyes and ears and pretend me killing two boys is normal? Or killing someone’s husband is normal, or me already dead and came back to life in your stomach is normal? I never believed that story but now I do, cause you know why? Cause I am pregnant and neither me nor my baby and husband is normal” I yelled,
I can’t believe I called Endy my husband. but whatever
“and you know what’s not also normal is that my stomach grew just this afternoon and I had an accident a day ago, a car was found laying on me and guess what mom, nothing happened to me. No single scratch or splinter.. Are you gonna call that normal?” I asked with my voice pretty high and angry.
“you had an accident?” my mom yelled.
Seriously? that’s the only piece she’s going to pick out from the statement I just made.
“yeah.. So?” I said, and she shook her head and walked closer to me.
“look sweetie, I don’t care if you think you’re not normal or what.. I love you no matter how normal or abnormal you think you are, being normal doesn’t mean weird things can’t happen to you.. Weird things happen everyday with everyone, and if that is so.. That means everyone isn’t normal.” my mom said with a smile and I smiled too
“thanks mom” I hugged her, that was a great comforting speech
“I’m sorry if I made you angry” she said as we disengaged the hug..
“it’s okay.. One of this few days I might need to see a therapist.. Cause I get angry easily” I said with a small laugh. That was a joke. But my mom didn’t laugh.
“it’s just that I hate it when you compare yourself to others and say you aren’t normal” my mom said sadly..
“it’s okay mom, don’t worry about anything anymore okay?.. Just worry about how you’re gonna make me another tray of brownies cause I am going crazy already” I said and she laughed.
That wasn’t a joke but she laughed.
Great.
“I’m not joking mom” I said.
“you’re not? But most of the ingredients are almost finished I can’t make you another one and also I can’t go to the grocery store to get the ingredients cause it’s night time if that’s what you’re thinking” my mom said, and she was right, I was already planning to tell her to go to the super market..
“then what am I going to eat” I yelp, like I haven’t eaten anything before.
“bring out the ones you just ate and eat them back.” she said walking away..
“mom…” I yelled-cried like a two year old.
“quit whining and I’ll order us a pizza” she said going up the stairs..
“thanks….” I said happily and sat down.. These days I’ve been getting very lazy.. Just standing is making me tired.
“Diana you are so punishing me” I said and sighed heavily.
That night my mom and I had a mother-and-daughter night, we watched marathons of family sitcoms series and while watching we enjoyed our extra large pepperoni pizza and wings with strawberry smoothie..
And after that we both fell asleep on the couch.
The next day a cool breeze woke me up and I found out mom wasn’t sleeping beside me, I stood up and walked lazily to my room upstairs to take a shower and honestly it was the first time I’ve ever feel so cold in my life..
I got out of the shower, with a tower rapped around my body.. I opened my small closet and looked for my huge thick sweater my mom got for me three months ago, I didn’t want to wear it cause it was pink, and so big and also I don’t catch cold.
But I’m wearing it today, not because I’m cold but because of my stomach.. I wore it and it covers my stomach perfectly, no sign of pregnancy showed and then I put on a black shorts, my clothes are mostly shirts shorts and a few pants.. I don’t have dresses or skirt. I feel uncomfortable in them.. I sat down in front of my wall mirror and dried my hair.. While drying it, I started to think of what to do today with my mom, my self or Endy, cause I’ve been fired from my “job” and now I have nothing to do.
«what are you thinking about?» I heard Endy’s voice in my head,
Startled, I dropped the hair dryer and suddenly turned to see Endy standing by the door smirking.. I turned off the hair dryer and stood up
“how long have you been standing there?” I asked moving closer to him to give him a quick hug
“for six years” he replied as we disengage.
“Always with the joking part” I said and rolled my eyes.
“sorry, I just came like let’s say thirty minutes ago” he said
“wait. Then you were standing here when I was putting on my clothes?” I asked
“no. I came when you were drying hair, I was talking to your mom downstairs before I came up here” he replied
“oh good..” I breathed a sigh of relief
“and what so bad about me seeing you change” he said and places his hand around my shoulder
“shut up” I tell him.

I removed his hand from my shoulder and sighed.
“guess what?” I said
“what?” he asked looking at me confusingly
“Diana grew” I said
“what? What do you mean by that?” he asked still looking at me..
I slowly move my sweater up and his eyebrows arched.
“what the.
He breathed out and I laughed cause his expression was unexplainable and funny..
“when did this happen” he asked as a smile started to form on his face. “yesterday when I slept, and woke up in the evening, I found out she grew” I said and he smiled even more
“can I touch it?” he asked.
“of course it’s yours anyway” I replied and his warm hand slowly went on my stomach.. And suddenly I felt a small pain at the upper right part of my stomach.
“ouch.” I whined
“what what, what’s wrong” he suddenly asked.
“I don’t know I felt a small pain here” I sad pointing to the upper right part of my abdomen
“maybe Diana’s trying to say she loves me more than you” Endy said with a small laugh and I rolled my eyes.
“yeah right, if you’re trying to say that was a ‘kick’ it wasn’t I know what I felt and she wouldn’t dare love you more than me” i said and he laughed.. “are you being jealous already?” he asked and I rolled my eyes which made him laugh and placed his hands around my waist and kissed me..
“can I touch It again?” he asked referring to my stomach immediately we stopped kissing which I wanted to continue.
“why don’t you just get in with Diana” I said sarcastically
“I wish I could” he replied and laughed and places his hand on my stomach and i felt this electricity flowing in me and God it felt good..
“wow your stomach is hot” he said smiling.. And then removed his hand but I placed them back. And there was this feeling again.
“okay you’re getting weird I’ll just keep my hands to myself” he said and removed his hand from my stomach and I shot him a glare..
He put down my sweater to cover my stomach again and held my hands.. “Let’s go to the mansion” he said.
“what? You don’t feel comfortable in my small house?” I beckoned
“no.. Wendy’s coming home today, and point of correction I feel comfortable anywhere as long as I’m with you” he said and my cheek flushed.
“quit being whiny” I said
“your acting Is really bad I know you’re melting at my word I cab see it” he said “shut up” I said and walked out of my room while he laughed and trailed behind me.
T. B. C
By RUTHIE LEE

Click to comment

JUST FOR LOVE (Love made her) chapter 81

JUST FOR LOVE (Love made her) chapter 81

By Zeemah writes

if you miss any episode click Here

👇

💞Dan’s POV💞

I stood up slowly and left their house in tears.

Maybe that’s the end of our friendship…
And also the end of my love for her.

“Dan, Dan” Dad called as i walked past them to the stairs.
I just got home after roaming the streets aimlessly.
“What’s wrong?” He asked.
“I’ll be fine,i just need some time alone” I said and started walking to my room, ignoring further calls.

I landed on my bed with a huff.
I was laying chest up, facing the ceiling.
I counted the lines back and forth severally but doing that did nothing to stop my tears.

I should go blind already,i cry too much.

She stopped our friendship when i planned on expressing my feelings to her.
Well,who would be in her shoes and not behave that way.
She lost her mother not long after she was born,she went mentally deranged at 16! And all this was caused by my family,my parents to be precise.

I was so foolish to expect that she’s gonna accept me with open arms.
What if i had been in her shoes?
I know for sure that i wouldn’t have ended our friendship,i wouldn’t have allowed our parents past to disrupt anything between us but mind differs,she can’t think the same way i do.

She has already gone through a lot at her age, and all of it started when she met me,when she accepted to be my friend!
I shouldn’t have started talking to her,i shouldn’t have involved myself with her at the beginning cause now it’s difficult for me to detach from her.

I can’t be okay if she doesn’t talk to me.
I don’t think i should give up yet,i should tell her the real story behind her mum’s death.
Liam probably cooked up some lies in the story.
I can’t give up on Anel yet, she has become part of my world and i think i love her.

I love her?
Is this how love is?

I believe Love can be destructive and can also be sweet.
It caused destruction in our parents time and it’s about to,in our own time but I’m not gonna allow it to.
I’ll make sure ours end sweetly.

Does she love me too?…Nah,she doesn’t,she can’t.
Anel doesn’t believe in love.
But what if she does?
What if she loves me too?
Girls find it hard to resist my charm but Anel is far different from other girls.

Whatever the case may be …. I’m ready to scale through,i should stop crying everytime like a baby.

I laid on my side and closed my eyes.
I really need a good sleep.

💞Anel’s POV💞

“Did i told you i need to wipe my tears!” I yelled at Claire who was stretching a handkerchief to me.
“I’m sorry” She said and walked away.
I hissed.

I wiped my tears with my hands and then laid on the couch.

He didn’t even visit me during my stay in the hospital.
I missed him and I’ve been looking forward to seeing him the moment i returned from the hospital.

But what if he had visited me?
I wouldn’t have known cause i wasn’t in my right senses.

I can’t even believe i went deranged…at 16!
That is the worst thing that has ever happened to me.
I feel so bad about it and i had to flare up the moment i saw him.

Dan cares for me.
He likes me.
But we can’t be friends anymore.
His father killed my mother or rather his father caused my mother’s’s death.

Now,i understand the dream i once had.
Mum told me she hope I’ll continue being Dan’s friend when i find out who he is.

But should i allow what happened between our parents stop our own friendship?
Should i allow our parents past disrupt our friendship?

Dan knows nothing about all this,his father and mother are the culprits.
Now, i think I’m a fool to have done that but no matter how i keep blaming myself,i can’t possibly continue our friendship cause the memories won’t stop coming to my head whenever i see him.

Im thinking of changing school soon…i don’t want to see him at all.
It hurts to know that artist Shaw is the cause of my mother’s death,the man I’ve always cherished even without seeing,artist Shaw is the only person i ever loved outside my family circle.
I once believed he’s kind hearted but not anymore.
I’m trying so much to hate him but the hate isn’t just coming up.

It hurts more to know that Dan,the only friend i have is his son.

Why do they have to be the one,it should have been other people.
I’ve always vowed to do something terrible the day i find the people that caused my mother’s death but look at me,i can’t do anything.

The shock was too much for me and i think i nearly died that day.

I should just stop brooding,i haven’t talked to any of my family since i returned from the hospital and i feel bad about the way i treated Claire.. I should go apologise now.

I sat up and slipped my feet into my footwear.
I dropped my phone and was about standing up but it vibrated,i picked it up thinking Dan has sent another message..
I was a bit disappointed when the message wasn’t from him,it was from an unknown number.

Was i expecting him to send message after all i said to him?
I already made it clear that we should stop being friends and that’s what he followed.
It’s fine by me but deep down,i know it isn’t.
I can’t believe i still want him ,even after finding out who he is.

I clicked on the message;

💬 While you were sick! He was playing with his friends,he didn’t even bother about you,he didn’t even bothered to check on you in the hospital.

💬He said he’s free and happy without you.

💬So bitch,what are you gonna do?

💬I bet you feel betrayed..view the pictures below to confirm it.

“Wow” I laughed as i viewed the so-called pictures.
Only a fool wouldn’t know that Dan was faking his smile and laughter. I know the difference between his real and fake laughter.
I laughed again…the pictures looked funny.
Karissa and Jacq look like evil witches.

But who would have sent this?
I think it was the same person that sent Travis and i picture to Dan.
It’s obvious this person is trying to cause enmity between Dan and i.
I’m suspecting someone I’m gonna confirm that when i get to school on Monday.
I swear down…I’m gonna beat the day living out of her.

I zoomed the picture and laughed harder but then i stopped laughing when i saw weariness beneath Dan fake laughter.

Dan has been so worried about me and i returned only to give him a cold attitude.
But i can’t possibly give him a warm attitude.

I need to go confirm from Claire if Dan truly visited me in the hospital.
I stood up and hurried down to Claire’s room.

I didn’t find her in her room,i checked other rooms and couldn’t find her still.
I descended the stairs and headed straight to the kitchen.

Oh…She’s there!
I should have come check her here first cause the kitchen is just like her room.
She loves cooking a lot and you’ll always see her on apron.
I sometimes doubt if she’s a psychologist.

“Hi Claire” I said and smiled at her surprised look.
“Anel,are you sure you’re not mistaken?” She asked.
“I’m sorry for behaving that way towards you.. please forgive me” I said and rubbed my palms together.
“Wow” She exclaimed and quickly switch off the gas cooker.
She wiped her hands on the napkin and walked closer to me.

“Anel, don’t be sorry and of course I’m not angry,you returned from the hospital today after suffering from mental disorder for few days. I expected you to behave worst but here you’re apologising…I‘m so impressed” She smiled.
I nodded “Thank you”
“I actually thought you won’t talk to anyone for days cause most of my clients who once suffered from mental disorder kept to theirselves for days, It’s absolutely normal.” She said.

“I actually thought of keeping to myself but i had a rethink,I’ll be the one hurting if i keep to myself, besides none of you caused my predicament” I said with a shrug.
“Wow,come here Anel..I’m so impressed” She said pulling me into a hug.
I hugged her back and i think i sniffed some curry powder beneath her ears.

“We were all worried while you were in the hospital, Kelly already told me everything,i mean everything from the beginning so i perfectly understand how you might be feeling presently finding out your friend is the son of…”
“You knew? And you allowed him in” I interrupted her .

“Yeah,i did. He wasn’t the one who caused the death of your mother. It was his parents,so i see no reason why i shouldn’t allow him in”
I sighed…”okay,but i want to ask you some things”
“Go on dear” she said sweetly.

“Di..did he visited me while i was in the hospital?” I asked.
“Who? You mean Daniel?” She asked and i nodded.
His full name sounded different..I’m so used to calling him Dan.
“He did,but you know you were first taken to ‘forth run hospital’. While you were there, Dan is always coming but Liam doesn’t allow him in” She said and my heart sank.

“Are you okay?” She asked and i nodded.
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah” I managed to say.
“Come,sit here” She said and dragged a kitchen stool closer to my butt.
I sat down and muttered ‘thanks’.

“Should i continue?” She asked and i nodded.
“Your situation grew worse and you were transferred to a psychiatric hospital but before we left Forth run hospital,Liam threatened to sue any of the nurses or doctors who reveals the name of the psychiatric hospital to anyone”
“Wow!” I exclaimed sadly.

My thoughts were on the wrong path.

“Liam ordered the cops to arrest Dan’s parents for being responsible for your mental disorder and they did”
“What! Liam did that?” I asked in surprise.
“Yeah,he did”
“OMG!” I can’t even imagine the stress Dan would have gone through..
Damn!

I didn’t know this was all this happened..

“But that didn’t stop Dan from locating the psychiatric hospital you were admitted into.
He came in the morning,when we all went home to get changed,he lied to the nurses that Liam sent him so they allowed him into your ward…I did not know what went wrong but i think your scream alerted the nurses, including Liam who was coming back from home.
I wasn’t present but i heard from the nurses that Liam threw Dan out of the hospital”

“Ah!” I sighed annoyingly. How could Liam do that.
Dan doesn’t know anything about mum’s death! He should face artist Shaw instead of Dan.

“I wouldn’t blame Liam, according to the story Kelly told me, Liam loved his sister more than anyone in the world. Just imagine loosing the only person you love most. He’s doing what he think is right but he’s going a bit far with it”
“Extremely far!” I said and she smiled.

“But do you know the funniest thing?” She asked.
“What?” I asked.
“You got well immediately Dan left your ward”
“Really?” I asked in disbelief.

She nodded…”Even though Liam kept insisting that the doctor already said your mental disorder will be temporary. As a psychologist; i knew it was Dan’s presence that brought back your senses. Everyone knows that too but they all fail to admit it” She said and tears filled my eyes.

“Believe it or not,there’s a strong connection between you and Dan,i don’t know the type of connection it is but trust me it’s a good one.
I overheard all you said to him,i don’t blame him, neither do i blame him cause you’re both suffering from your parents past and i don’t think you should blame him cause he knows nothing about it and it’s unfortunate you already allowed that to be a stumbling block in your friendship” She said.

I sniffed as tears rolled down my cheeks.
She passed me a handkerchief and this time,i gladly collected it.
I wiped my tears and blew my nose into it.

“It’s okay Anel, everything will be fine” She patted my shoulders.
“What should i do?” I asked.
“Do whatever you feel is right,no one is gonna question you,but make sure you think wisely.” She said and i nodded.

I have gat some thinking to do.

“Thanks Claire” I said.
She smiled and nodded.

“Can i fry the chicken as we discuss some other things?” She asked and i smiled.
“Of course” I said.
“You’re gonna help me slice the onions” She said.
“Gladly” I said and got down from the stool.
“Quickly grab your apron and chef cap,then wash your hands” She said switching on the gas cooker.

“Okay” I said and grabbed my an apron and chef cap.
I wore it and then walked to the sink to wash my hands.
I rinsed it and dried it with a clean napkin and then walked back to Claire.
She bursted into laughter when she saw me…

“Wow… welcome to the show, cook Anel” She said dramatically.
“My pleasure” I raised my head high and we both laughed.

🌺{Monday}🌺

I walked into the classroom and the first person my eyes searched for was Dan.

Good!
He was seated.

I was about walking to my seat when the students surprised me by rushing to hug me.

Wow!

💞Jacq’s POV💞

I glanced at Karissa to be sure she’s aware of the ongoing drama.
When i was sick for two weeks, i didn’t get much students to welcome me this way but just look at how they crowded her like she’s a celebrity or something!

This girl is getting on my nerves..
Why didn’t she just die alongside the sickness.

I watched as she hugged the students one after the other, answering their questions with smiles.
Dan said she was sick,then why’s she looking more beautiful.. shouldn’t she be looking haggard and ugly!

I looked at Dan and saw him looking at her in admiration, i noticed his eyes that sparkles whenever he looks at Anel,he was looking dull earlier but now his eyes is all brightened up.
I’ll make sure his eyes sparkle whenever he sees me too…I just need a little time to finalise my plan.

And why is he not among the foolish students that welcomed her?
I guess our minor plan already worked out.
They’re obviously not on talking terms.
Good!

👩‍❤️‍👩We miss you.

👩‍❤️‍👩How have you been?

👩‍❤️‍👩 You’re looking more beautiful.

👩‍❤️‍👩Dan said you were sick.

👩‍❤️‍👩Are you fine now.

👩‍❤️‍👩 OMG…look at her beautiful face.

👩‍❤️‍👩She hugs beautifully.

👩‍❤️‍👩I want her to hug me again…..

I covered my ears in anger to stop myself from hearing the compliment they directed to her only.
Can’t the class prefect stop them!
Well…she can’t,cause she’s also among the fools.

I stopped myself from placing my head on the desk,i need to see if she’s gonna greet Dan she gets to her seat.
“Gosh!” I sighed after she was finally returning to her seat.
I realised i was not only the one that turned my neck to see what will play out between the both of them.

She dropped her backpack and stood in front of Dan’s desk holding her phone instead of getting on her seat.
I was almost pushed to drag out her hair from her scalp.

💞Dan’s POV💞

“Let me have your phone” Anel said to my complete surprise.

I thought she won’t talk to me.
I was damn happy when i saw her walk into the class today.
But then i felt sad knowing she won’t talk to me.

Here she is, asking for my phone.
Has she forgiven me?
Will she continue to be my friend?

“Let me have your phone” She repeated.
“For what?” I asked.

You’re a fool Dan!
Give her the phone now!!

“Just let me have it” She said and adjusted her pontsplait.
I smiled…I’ve missed that.

“Are you giving me or not?” She asked and i brought out my phone, unlocked it before handing it over to her.
She collected it and remained standing in front of my desk.

I don’t want her to leave though…i can’t be more happy watching her beautiful face this way.
Damn! Did her lashes grew longer?

She held her phone beside mine for some minutes,im clueless on what she was doing but i wish she can continue,i love that feeling that tingling feeling in my chest.

She suddenly dropped the phones on the desk.
I quickly caught hers from falling.

What went wrong?

She turned and walked furiously to karissa’s seat.
She dragged Karissa out of her seat by her hair and started hitting her.

I was more surprised when Jacq jumped out of her seat and started hitting Anel.

Damn!

JUST FOR LOVE (Love made her) chapter 80

JUST FOR LOVE (Love made her) chapter 80

By Zeemah writes

if you miss any episode click Here

👇

💞Dan’s POV💞

“Lord, I thank you” I shouted happily in the street, ignoring people’s gaze.

I ran faster…
Oh..my beautiful psycho😍😍

Shit!
I stopped running as i realised i can’t possibly run to Anel’s house,it’s damn far.

Well…I’ll just go home, freshen up and take a cab to her house.
I’m so happy right now.
My Anel is back!
I can’t wait to see her.

My face was filled with smiles as i jogged back home.
I knocked on the gate and waited for a while.
It was opened by the gatekeeper and i walked in.
I noticed he was smiling happily.
Of course,who isn’t happy that mum and dad are back.

I smiled back at him before walking to the door.
I opened it and walked in…a delicious aroma welcomed me.
Woah…Mum is cooking already.
“Hmm” I sniffed as i closed the door behind me.

I walked into the living room,and met Dad already painting.
“I can bet you’ve missed your work” I smiled and sat beside him.
“Ofcourse i have. Its the thing i missed the most” he smiled.

He has freshened up already, looking young and handsome in a black short and white t-shirt.
His curly black hair is brushed back and i watched as he painted the drawing perfectly.
Im so proud of my dad.

“I gat the most handsome dad in the universe” I said to him and hugged him tight making him drop the paintbrush but i don’t care at the moment.
“And i gat the most handsome son in the universe” He patted my back.

“Why should i be left out from this hug” we heard Mum said.
We giggled as she walked to us with her apron and her chef cap which made her look awesome.
She joined in the hug after pecking my cheeks.

I smiled. “I gat the most beautiful Mum in the universe”
“Oh..my.. I can’t believe I’m blushing” She said and we laughed.
“Dad! You couldn’t call me to join in the hug” We heard Mike yelled.
“I’m sorry little prince,come here” Dad said.

He rushed to us and also joined in the hug.
He grinned at me…”Dan don’t you think we gat the most wonderful parents in the world”
“I don’t think so,i know so ” I said.
“Awwwn…thanks my darlings” Mum said sweetly.

“Honey” Dad called.
“Yes sweetie” Mum answered.
“Don’t you know we gat the most amazing children in the world” He said.
“Of course sweetie” Mum said and i think my cheeks glowed.
Mike grinned like an idiot.

“Oh..my.. the soup is burning” Mum shouted and started running back to the kitchen,her chef cap fell off her head and we all laughed.
“Silly people” she laughed and picked her cap before continuing her race to the kitchen.

We laughed on and on…

“I thought you were going to Anel’s place” Dad said after our laughter subsided.
“Yeah…i was actually on my way but i realised i couldn’t run all the way there,it’s damn far” i said.
“So what are you gonna do?” He asked.
“I’ll just go freshen up and board a cab there”.

“You’ll do that now?” Dad asked.
“Yeah Dad”
“No, you’re not gonna do that now”
“Why?” I asked.
“You’ve not eaten” He said.
“That’s not necessary,I’ll eat when I’m back”

“Nah, you’ll go freshen up,eat and then you’re free to go anywhere” He said and i sighed.
“Okay Dad,I’ll quickly go freshen up then” I picked my backpack and stood up, about walking to my room.

“Dad how was India? Didn’t you bring anything for us?” Mike asked.
Dad glanced at me, before clearing his throat.
“Mike,you know it was a business emergency,they couldn’t get anything for us” I said.
“But i wasn’t asking you” He said and i felt like knocking his head away from his neck.

I sent him a glare and he twitched his nose,then jumped on the couch.
He grabbed the remote control and switched on the TV.

“Business emergency indeed” Dad whispered to me and laughed.
I chuckled as i climbed the stairs to my room.
I dropped my backpack on the bed and pulled off my shoes and socks.
I un-bottened my shirt and pulled it off.

I sat on the edge of my bed and pulled my backpack closer.
I unzipped it and brought out my phone.
A message to Anel will do.

I smiled as i began texting her.

💬Hi, beautiful psycho.

💬How are you?

💬I’ve missed you so much, I’ll be right at your place soon.

💬I love you” I thought of adding it but i don’t think i had the courage to.
I cleared it.

I ended the message with;

💞Dan💞

I sighed and stood up.
I can’t just express how happy i am.
First,my parents are back and my beautiful Psycho is now mentally stable.
I can’t be more happy!!

I danced into the bathroom…

*💋

I picked my phone immediately i finished dressing up.
The message read; ‘seen’ but there was no reply.
Maybe she’s busy…
Should i just call her? No i think i should wait till i get to her house.

I felt a bit sad as i walked out of my room.
I descended the stairs to the living room,i found no one.
I headed to the kitchen.

They were all seated, obviously waiting for me.
“I’m sorry to keep everyone waiting” I said and quickly took my seat.
“It’s okay” Mum said and began dishing out the delicious looking meal.
The aroma almost made me dip my hand into it.

Mike was smiling to himself as mum placed a plate of soup and baguette in front of him.
I laughed when i remembered the feud between him and Ana.

“Why are you laughing?” Dad asked.
“I remembered something” I said.
“You always have something to remember”Mike said with a mouthful.
“And how’s that your business,i can’t even believe you’ve started eating already” I rolled my eyes.
“Don’t believe it! That’s your cup of tea!” He said.
“Mike,Dan table manners” Mum said and placed my own meal in front of me.

“Thanks Mum” I said and waited for her to finish dishing hers and dad’s.
She did and we all started eating.

“Delicious” I smiled.
“Yummy” Mike said.
“Tasty” Dad winked.
“Thanks sweets” Mum smiled.
We continued eating,i wanted to ask Dad some questions but not in Mike’s presence and i can’t disregard the table manners.

Mike was the first to finish eating,i was surprised he didn’t ask for more.

He stood up “I’m going to do my assignment”
“I’m surprised you didn’t ask for more” I said.
He rolled his eyes at me before sauntering out of the dining room.

I laughed.

I gulped down water after i was done with my meal.
Everyone was done with theirs too.
Mum cleared the plates to the kitchen.
I offered to but she declined.

“Dad” I called.
“What time were you released? What time did the cops said Anel was mentally stable?” I asked.
“We were released by 2 o’ clock and we got home by 3. Just thirty minutes before you guys returned from school.” He said.
“Ohhkay”

“I was actually about calling my lawyer before we were released”
“Why didn’t you called your lawyer immediately you were arrested,i know you won’t even have spent a night in cell if you had”

He smiled “of course i know,but i had my reasons for not calling my lawyer immediately.”
“It’s unheard of to be arrested for someone else’s mental disorder” Mum said, walking back into the dining room.
“I was so pissed at first” She added.
“Of course it’s unheard of but do you know Liam told them a totally different thing” Dad said.
“What?” I asked.
“Never mind son,you still want to visit Anel today right?” He asked.

“Oh! I’ve forgotten” I quickly stood up.
I dropped my phone on the dining table and ran to my room to take some cash and my face cap .
I was returning to the dining when i overheard Dad and mum’s discussion.

“I can’t believe he told the cops that we hit something on Anel’s head!”
“The cops should have asked for the medical report” mum said.
“They did but he claimed he hasn’t gotten it from the hospital yet”
“I can’t believe Liam has turned into a monster. I knew he was hot tempered but he wasn’t this worse then”.

“Yeah,and that’s the reason i didn’t call my lawyer immediately cause i know he’ll be sued to court if my lawyer investigates the whole thing and discover that he was telling lies” Dad said.
“Mara’s death really affected him,Liam wasn’t this cruel” Mum said and dad gave a nod.

I walked back into the dining and tried very much to act like i didn’t hear a thing.
I picked my phone.

“I’ll be leaving now. Mum,dad I’ll be back soon” I said.
“Okay dear”

I walked slowly out of the dining room.
How could Liam tell such a huge lie.
He’s beginning to piss me off seriously..

I walked out of the door, dipped my phone into my pocket,wore my face cap and started walking to the gate.
The gatekeeper opened it before i got there.
I thanked him and walked out of the gate.

I stood in front of our house, waiting for a cab.
Thoughts of what Liam did kept flooding my head.
He was looking for ways to make sure my parents get punished.
Who does that but a cruel person.

I waved a cab to a stop…
I need to get some chocolates first.

🍭💋🍭

‘what if Liam throw me out?’ I thought for the umpteenth time as i stood in front of Anel’s gate.
I’ve been standing here for some minutes now,scared to knock on the gate.

‘what if he had told the gatekeeper not to allow me in’ I thought as i rested my back on the wall.
Why didn’t i think about all this before coming?

“Dan” I heard a little voice call my name.
I turned and saw Mary their house help and Ana who was already rushing to me.
I smiled and bent slowly, holding her in a hug.
I pecked her cheeks..

“How are you Ana?” I asked.
“I’m fine Dan and you?”
“I’m good”
“I miss you so much” She said.
“Me too,you look more beautiful” I said as i dragged her chubby cheeks.
“Thank you” she smiled.

“Good afternoon” I greeted Mary.
“Good afternoon Dan,how’re you?” She hugged the grocery bag closer to her chest.
“I’m fine, thanks”
“Is anel in?” I asked.
She shook her head and i couldn’t hide my disappointment.

“Is she still at the hospital?” I asked.
“No, she’s now at her dad’s”
“Woah!” I sighed in relief.
“The doctor said she needed a psychologist and her dad’s fiance is one so she’s gonna be staying there for a while” Mary said.
“Ohh.. thanks so much Mary” I smiled.
“You’re welcome”

“I’ll be leaving now” I said and brought out a box of chocolate from the ones i got for Anel.
I handed it to Ana who jumped on me in excitement.
“Thanks Dan” She hugged me.
I smiled.

“Mary,do you also love chocolate?” I asked.
“I don’t mind” She smiled shyly.
I brought out a box and gave her too.
“Thanks Dan” she grinned and threw it into the grocery bag.

“I’ll just board a cab here” I said.
“Okay we’re gonna wait here with you” Ana said, holding my hand.
“No Ana,we can’t. Your dad will come looking for us once he realise we’re getting late and drop your chocolate in here,he mustn’t see it” Mary said.
Ana frowned and dropped her box of chocolate into the grocery bag.
Mary knocked on the gate.

“Bye Dan” They both waved, before walking into the opened gate.
“Bye” I waved back with smiles.
“Dan,when will you visit our house again?” Ana asked.
“Soon” I said.
“Are you sure?” She asked.
I nodded.
“Okay Bye” She waved at me one last time before Mary closed the gate.

I know I’m not gonna be visiting here anytime soon.
I saw a cab approaching…

🌺🌺🌺

Even if i was afraid to knock on Liam’s gate, should i be afraid to knock on this one too?
Anel Dad isn’t as wicked as Liam.
I knocked gently on the gate and waited for the gatekeeper to open it.

The gate opened and i came to face the gatekeeper.
“Good afternoon” I greeted.
He answered with a nod of head.
“Come in” He said and i did.
He locked the gate and turned back to me.

“I recognize your face,you can go in” he said.
“Thanks” I smiled and quickly walked to the door before he would change his mind and decide to ask me questions.

I rang the doorbell twice and waited nervously.
I transferred the nylon of the chocolate from my right hand to the left.

The door opened and my heart thumped faster.
Anel’s dad fiance, Claire stood there with a smile.
“Good afternoon ma’am” I bowed a little.
“Good afternoon dear, how’re you doing?”
“I’m fine ma’am”
“You’re here to see Anel right?” She asked and i nodded.
“Come in” She said and paved way for me.
“Thanks” I said before stepping in.

I breathed in fresh scent of flowers.
Its so cool in here .

I waited for her to close the door before following her down to the living room.
My walk came to a halt when i saw Anel seated on the couch,her face buried in a novel.
Her black hair was packed neatly into a ponytail and there are fresh flowers stuck in her hair.
She was twisting some between her fingers as she read the novel and there’s another bouquet of flowers beside her.

Should i also have bought flowers instead of chocolates?
Is that what she likes now?

“Anel, someone is here to see you” Claire said.
She raised up her head and her gaze locked with mine for a short while.
She turned back to her novel without acknowledging my presence and i must admit that i felt a bit hurt.

“She has refused to talk to anyone since she returned from the hospital,i hope she’ll talk to you” Claire whispered to me before walking away.
I walked to her slowly… hoping she’s gonna accept the hug I’m about to offer.
I don’t care if she hasn’t talked to anyone,i miss her.

I got to where she was seating, dropped the nylon, crouched in front of her and pulled her into a hug.
She didn’t push me away neither did she reciprocate the hug.

“I’ve missed you so much Anel” I said.
I hugged her tightly for a while before releasing her.
I expected her to say something but she didn’t,she didn’t utter a word and didn’t even act like i was there.
She wasn’t even looking at me.

“Anel” I called but she didn’t respond.
Her face was still buried in the novel.
I took the novel from her laps and read the title aloud.

“Safe by his side by Debra Webb”
I’m glad i finally made her look at me but the look she was giving me wasn’t a nice one,it spoke of hatred.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, almost in a whisper.
“I..i came here to see you” I said.
“You can leave,i don’t want to ever see you again” She said and my heart filled with sadness immediately.

“Anel, please I’m so sorry”
“How can i continue my friendship with the son of my mother’s murderer. Dan, please kindly leave” She said slowly.
“Anel,i can’t believe you’ll allow that get to you. My father didn’t kill your mother, please don’t let that affect us” I pleaded.
“It already has,for the first time in my life; i had mental disorder!” She said and i noticed her eyes had turned red.
Even the voice no longer seem like hers.

“While you were enjoying, i was constituting nuisance, while you were playing,i was dragging my own hair, while you were happy,i was sad. My mother was killed,i had mental disorder” She laughed sadly.

I couldn’t control the tears that ran down my cheeks.

“I don’t want to ever see you again, you’re not part of my life anymore” She said.
“Anel, ple…”
“Get out!!!” She screamed and tears dropped from her eyes.

I stood up slowly and left their house in tears.

Maybe that’s the end of our friendship…
And also the end of my love for her.

Zeemah

JUST FOR LOVE (Love made her) chapter 79

JUST FOR LOVE (Love made her) chapter 79

By Zeemah writes

if you miss any episode click Here

💞Dan’s POV💞

I wiped my sweat with my palms as i ran to the police station.
It’s a bit far from the house but I’m a fast runner,I’ll get there in minutes.

My parents..my parents has been arrested by the cops..
Oh..no.
I tried not to cry as i run.
I put in more energy and i was at the station in minutes.

I stopped in front of it and breathed heavily, sweat poured out of my face and i used a part of my school shirt to wipe it off.
I already un-bottened the shirt while i was running.

I swallowed hard before walking slowly to the gate.
Two cops were standing there,armed with guns.

“Good afternoon” I greeted.
“What may we do for you,are you here to report?” One of them asked.
“No,I’m here to see my parents” I said.
“Your parents? Who are they? Their names?” They asked.

“Mr and Mrs Shaw” I said.
“OMG,you’re artist Shaw’s son?” They both asked.
I nodded.
“Wow,you’re as handsome as your father,may i see your ID card?” He asked.
“I’m not 18 yet,this is only my school ID card” I said and stretched it to him.

He quickly scanned it and then handed it back to me.
“Come with me?” He said and opened the gate.
We both stepped in and i started following him into the station.

Some cops are practicing in the compound while some are stationed all over the building,armed.
Their faces look unfriendly,but that isn’t my concern right now. I need to see my parents.

I kept following the cop. We entered a corridor, cornered and then walked into a wide space.
There are some cops chilling behind the counter, while some stood looking fierce.

I wonder the amount of cops in this station.

“He’s artist Shaw’s son” The cop i followed said.
“Really?”
“Yeah”
“You can leave, Max lead him to his father’s cell” a cop which i think is superior to others said.

“Okay boss” one of the fierce looking cops said.
“Come with me” he added and i started following him.
We walked passed different cells and i felt so sorry to see people there.

This is actually the first time I’ll be visiting a police station.

He finally stopped in front of a large furnished cell,covered all through with glass,I saw mum and Dad sitting on the couch,they were both discussing,theyweren’t even watching the movie was being displayed on the TV.

The cop handed me a chair.
“You’re only allowed to talk to them for 20 minutes” He said and left.
I shifted the chair closer to the glass which has holes all over it to enable people hear each other.
I sat down…they both haven’t noticed me.

“Mum,Dad” I called and they both turned.
“Dan” they both shouted and rushed to the direction of the glass that i was sitting.
I wish i can just go in their to meet them.

I wiped my tears and looked at the both of them.
“We’re sorry Dan” They both said.
“For what?” I asked.
“For bringing you into so much pain” They said.

“It’s fine,how are you both doing?” I asked.
“We’re fine”
“How’s Mike?” They asked.
“He’s fine,i couldn’t bring him along with me cause i ran all the way here” I said.
“Oh..my..God Dan,I’m very sure you haven’t eaten anything today and you ran all the way here? Do you want to get sick!” Mum said worriedly.

“I’m fine Mum,I’ll be fine” I said.
“Liam ordered the cops to arrest us” Mum said,and started crying.
“I know,our gatekeeper told me everything. I don’t have anything to say about that” I said.

“How are you both gonna get out of here?” I asked.
“Until Liam order our release and he said he’ll do that only if Anel is mentally stable” Dad said.
“Really?”
“Yes,son” Dad said.
“He came here?” I asked.
Dad nodded. “He was even pissed at the cops for giving us this luxurious cell,he told them to change the cell to a less standard one”

“So they are gonna change this cell soon?” I asked.
“No,the cops said I’m an influential person and i don’t deserve any less cell. Liam left in anger”
“Wow” I smiled and Dad smiled too.

“Mum,it’s okay. Stop crying,you know I’m capable of taking care of Mike right?”

She nodded and cried louder.

“I’ll make sure you both get out of here soon. Did he by any chance mentioned the name of the psychiatric hospital Anel is admitted into ?” I asked.
“No he didn’t,but I’m sure the cops knows it” Dad said.

“Okay,i hope you both are comfortable here?” I asked.
“This place is okay but i can’t be comfortable in any other place than home” Dad said and i noticed the sadness in his voice.
“Don’t be sad Dad,all this is just for a little while, i believe Anel will be well soon” I said and noticed i was starting to get weak and hungry.

“Have you both eaten?” I asked.
“That’s the food they bought for us over there” Mum pointed to the table.
“Wow,they really made everything available for you. Why haven’t you both eaten? You need to eat so you can gather enough strength to think and plan on how to leave here soon okay?” I said.

They nodded.

“If you don’t eat,then when i get home i won’t also eat” I said.
“We’re going to eat…i promise” Mum said.
“Good!” I tried to smile.

“I hope this hasn’t gotten to the press?” I asked.
“No,it hasn’t . The cops promised to keep their mouths sealed” Dad said.
“Wow,it looks like the cops really like you” I said.
“Most of them are my fans and they were so glad to see me,they all kept coming one after the other to say ‘hi’ until their boss stopped them”
“So bad it was in the cell,they had to see you” I said and noticed i was getting weaker each passing minute.

We were all in silence…tears build up in my eyes and i struggled not to let it fall.
“You and Mike should take care of each other okay?” Dad said and that made my tears flowed out.
Mum also started sobbing.
Minutes passed in silence and only our tears were heard.

“Your 20 minutes is over” I heard and glanced up to see the cop.
I cleaned my tears and stood up.
“Please,give us 5 minutes more” Mum pleaded.
“There’s no problem” The cop said.
“No mum,it’s fine. I have to go home now,i have to go prepare something for Mike” I said knowing I’m gonna cry more if i stay any longer.

“I’ll be here tomorrow” I waved at them.
“Take care son” Dad said.
“I love you Dan,tell Mike i love him too” Mum cried after me as i followed the police.
“I love you too” I shouted but didn’t turn cause i was in tears.

I quickly stopped the cop after i was sure we were out of mum and Dad’s view.
“Please can you tell me the name of the psychiatric hospital Asanel Yates is admitted into?” I asked.
“Mill psychiatric hospital” He blurted and i almost jumped in joy.

“OMG..did you hear that? Did i said that aloud?” He asked.
“Huh? What? What did you say? I didn’t hear you” I lied.
“Really?” He asked.
“Yeah,what did you say?” I asked.
“Thank goodness” he sighed in relief.
“Please tell me the name of the hospital” I said, pretending i didn’t hear what he said earlier.

“I can’t tell you that” he said.
“Why?” I asked.
“We’ve been warned against revealing the name of the hospital” He said and i almost laughed.
He already revealed it.

“Please,just tell me. I’m not gonna tell anyoneyou told me,i really need to see her” I said.
“I can’t” He said.
“Please” I pleaded, trying to hold my laughter.
“I can’t!” He barked and this time i couldn’t hold my laughter.

I laughed out loud…

“Why are you laughing?” He asked.
“Nothing,i remembered something” I said trying to control my laughter.
He gave me a suspicious look before he continued his walk.

He led me out of the gate where i boarded a cab to my house.
I can’t believe i found out the name of the hospital so easily.
The hospital I’ve been searching for days.
Wow!

Damn! I’m so happy right now.
I’m gonna see Anel soon.
I just have to go home, freshen up,eat and go straight to the hospital.
I should go straightaway but I’m afraid i might just collapse.

I smiled happily and rubbed my palms together wishing the cab man will get to my house already.

I paid the cab man before alighting from the cab.
I walked to the gate and knocked.
The gatekeeper opened the gate and i rushed into the house, ignoring his questions.

I opened the front door and got into the living room.
I met Mike seated on the couch, with his assignment.

He raised up his head and frowned at me.
“Where have you been?” I asked.
“I..i forgot something at school” I lied as i walked up to him.
“What did you forget? Cause I’m not seeing anything in your hands and why’s your shirt un-bottened?” He asked.
“I didn’t see what i forgot”
“Okay then but what exactly did you forgot at school?” He asked.

“A textbook, don’t bother me with more questions, continue your assignment. I’m going up to my room to freshen up,I’ll order pizza. We’ll eat that first before i prepare meal” I said.
“Okay,but i can’t find Mum and Dad.” He said.
“Ohh…they already went back to India for a business emergency” I lied.

“Really?” He asked.
I nodded.
“But they didn’t informed us” He said.
“It’s an emergency so there was no time to inform anyone,they called me few minutes ago to inform me about it, they’ll be back soon so don’t worry huh?”
He nodded and sat back to continue the assignment.

“Once the pizza arrive,you know what to do right?”
“Of course, remember you taught me the other day” He smiled.
“Good boy” I smiled back at him and started walking to my room.

I got to my room and quickly placed an order for a box of pizza before going to freshen up.

I wasn’t happy before…i haven’t been happy for days but just knowing that i’m gonna see Anel soon brightened my mood.

🌺🌺🌺

“Now,i feel so refreshed” I grabbed my phone and walked out of my room.
I’ve gotten dressed after freshening up and now I’m heading to the living room. I’m starving.

I got to the living room and saw that Mike has eaten half of the pizza. He even took juice with it.
Where’s he?
I scanned the living room but couldn’t find him.

“Mike” I called.
“I’m in the kitchen” he shouted.
“Doing what?” I asked.
“I want to help you get your own glass cup for the juice” he said.
“Okay thanks” I sat and started eating the pizza.

He returned with my glass cup and placed it on the table,in front of me,he sat opposite my couch.
I poured some juice into the glass cup and gulped it down my throat.
I dropped it and continued eating the tasty pizza.

“Why are you looking at me?” I asked him when i couldn’t bear his boring gaze any longer.
“I want some slices of pizza” he said.
“But you already finished half of the box” I said.
“Yes”he conceded.
“And you still want more slices?” I asked.
He nodded.

“Well…I’m not giving you” I said.
“Why do you think i went to get your glass cup for you” he frowned.
“Ohh…i knew there was a reason behind your kindness” I said.

“You can have the rest,I’m full already” I said.
He grinned and shifted the box closer to himself,he started eating happily,his gaze on the cartoon being displayed on the TV.
I smiled and poured more juice in my glass cup and then gulped it.

I sighed in satisfaction and laid on the couch to rest for a while before going to Anel’s hospital..

🥀🥀🥀

I yawned and opened my eyes,i realised i was laying on the couch.
I closed my eyes to have more sleep but quickly popped them open.

“OMG what’s the time?” I asked sitting up from the couch.
“It’s 9pm already” Mike said, removing his gaze from the cartoon he was watching.
“Damn!” I swore.
“Did you planned on going somewhere?” He asked.
I nodded.

“Sorry,it’s time for dinner already and I’m hungry,i was about waking you” he said and continued watching his cartoon.
Why did i laid on the couch in the first place.
I should have just headed out after eating the pizza.

I can’t go anymore cause i won’t be allowed into the hospital and i also can’t leave Mike all alone in the house.
I’ll go tomorrow morning after Mike has gone to school.

But i feel so good after that little sleep.
I remembered my parents in the police custody and felt sad immediately.
I sighed and stood up,walked into the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Even though I’m not very hungry,Mike has to eat.

We both went to bed after having dinner.
I made Mike sleep in my room tonight.

💋Next morning💋

“Dan won’t you go to school?” Mike asked as i prepared him for school the next morning.
“I will but I’m gonna go late,you go ahead” I said.
“Okay” He said.
“You can wear your shoes right? let me quickly go make your breakfast” I said.
“Of course i can” He said and i walked out of his room, heading straight to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

“Dan,is my breakfast ready?” I heard Mike asked.
“Almost ready,have your seat,I’ll serve you soon” i said and flipped the pancake i was making.
“Okay” He said.

I dished out his pancake and coffee, placed them on a tray before taking it to the dining.
I placed it on the table in front of him.
“Thanks Dan” he smiled.
“Uhn…you said ‘thanks’ today?” I asked in surprise.
“Yes,i feel i needed to appreciate your efforts but don’t expect the ‘thanks’ all the time” He said.
I laughed…”Of course i know”

I walked back to the kitchen and dished out my breakfast too.
I pulled off my apron and hair net before taking my breakfast to the dining.

💗

“Bye Mike” I waved him bye.
“Bye Dan” He smiled and waved back.
He entered the car and i watched our driver drove him out of the wide opened gate.

Now.
I can go on with my own business.
I plan to go visit mum and dad first before going to Anel’s hospital.
But first i need to go take more cash.

🍫 🍫 🍫

I stood in front of the hospital for a while, holding a nylon containing some boxes of chocolates.
I got them for Anel.
I stared at the bold inscription ‘Mill psychiatric hospital’ at the top of the building.
It’s a huge hospital though.

I’ve gone to visit my parents and they seemed to be doing well.
I told them of my plan and they gave me a go ahead.
I’ll go visit them again later in the day.

I summoned courage and walked into the hospital.
It’s a psychiatric hospital,i expected it to be different but to me,it wasn’t.
I walked to the large desk where three nurses are seated.
They all smiled as i approached them.

“Good morning” I greeted.
“Good morning,how may we help you?” They asked.
“I’m here to see someone” I said.
“Okay,what’s your name?” They asked.
“Daniel Shaw” I said and they all gasped.
“You’re related to artist Shaw?” They asked, holding their breath.
“No” I said.
“Ah!” They sighed,their disappointment obvious.

“Well, what’s the name of the patient you’re here to see?” They asked.
“Asanel Yates” I said.
“Ohh…that beautiful girl” one if them said and i smiled and nodded eagerly.
“Who are you to her?” They asked.
“I’m a family,is anyone in the ward with her?” I asked.
“No” They chorused.

Good!

“Liam sent me here” I lied.
“Ohh..Liam sent you here?”
“Yeah” I nodded.
“None of her family has gotten here this morning. You can go in,just go through that corridor. She’s in ward 8”
“Okay thanks” I said happily and started walking to the corridor.
“You look handsome” they shouted after me.
“Thank you” i said and quickly entered the corridor.

I located ward 8,breathed in and out before opening the door.
I walked in slowly..
The nylon containing the chocolate nearly dropped as i saw her laying fast asleep on the bed.
She’s putting on the hospital wear,her always-well-arranged hair was scattered and rough,she has lost so much weight and her skin looked pale but she still looked beautiful and my feelings for her grew intense.

I walked closer to her bed and stared at her face for a while.
I can’t believe i finally saw her.
I finally saw Anel…i nearly screamed.
She’s still mentally unstable..it’s obvious.

I dropped the nylon and sat beside her on the bed.
I held her two hands which were damn cold.
My heart filled with sadness as i stared at her.

I cried and placed my head on her chest,closed my eyes and prayed.

I quickly round up my prayer when she stirred.
I raised up my head and saw that her eyes were opened, i had to restrict myself from pulling her into a hug.
Her bright eyes shone into mine and that movement in my heart increased.
She didn’t utter a word,she only stared at me.

“Anel,I’m sorry. I’m here now,I’m here for you. I lo..” I was saying but noticed she was starting to sit up slowly,her eyes not leaving mine.
It was when she sat up fully that i realised that her eyes were filled with tears.

They scrolled down her cheeks.
What!
Has she gotten well?
Is she now okay?
Why’s she crying?
OMG…could it be that she’s starting to get well?

“Anel” I called but she kept on crying.
I shifted closer to her and hugged her tightly, we both cried.

She suddenly pulled away from my hug and laughed,she grabbed her own hair and started dragging it.
She screamed so loud that my ears nearly got blocked.

The door opened and some nurses rushed in.
“What have you done to her? They asked.
My fears increased when i saw Liam walked in,in anger.

I stood in front of the hospital after been thrown out by Liam and i even sustained a little injury but that doesn’t mean anything.

I just saw Anel and i can’t get more excited, even though i wished i had spent more time with her but seeing her alone filled me up.
I thought she was getting better,not until she screamed.

Ah!
God,please heal Anel fast.

I don’t care if Liam threw me out,I’m coming back tomorrow to see her!
But will the nurses allow me in?

🌺NEXT DAY🌺

“Haven’t mum and dad called you yet?” Mike asked.
We were walking to the door after we both alighted from the car.
We just returned from school.
“They called yesterday but you were asleep then” I lied.

For how long will i keep lieing!

“I really want to hear their voices,I’ve missed them” He said.
“They’ll call soon and I’ll make you hear their voices okay?”
He nodded.

We got to the door and i pulled it open and allowed Mike go in first.
I planned on going to see mum and dad before going to Anel’s hospital.
Liam’s threat isn’t gonna stop me from seeing her!

“Mum, Dad” I heard Mike screamed and shook my head.
Has he missed them that much.
I closed the door behind me and started walking to the living room.

My jaw dropped when i saw mum and dad seated on the couch, smiling.
They both stood up.
“Oh..my.. God” I screamed and rushed into their arms.

“Mum, Dad how..how did you both did it?” I asked, happy to have my parents back.

“Well…we were released after Liam called the cops that his niece is now mentally stable?” Mum grinned.
“Huh? Did i heard you right?”
“Yes Dan. Anel,is now mentally stable, infact she was discharged immediately” Dad said.

I dropped my backpack and ran out of the house heading straight to Anel’s house.

My face broke into a smile.

“Lord, I thank you” I shouted happily in the street, ignoring people’s gaze.

I ran faster…